Skip to main content

Houghton House

 Organization

Historical Note

Built in 1888. Remodeled in 1913 by Helen Houghton Vail, widow of Charles F. Houghton who had married Charles Delameter Vail, Hobart 1859, professor and librarian of the Colleges. It was given to the Colleges by Helen Houghton Vail's heirs in 1943 for use as a women's dormitory, and in 1970 became the home of the Fine Arts Department.

Found in 1 Collection or Record: