Blackwell, Elizabeth, 1821-1910
- Existence: 1821 - 1910
Geneva Medical College graduate, 1849. First woman to earn M.D.
Found in 3 Collections and/or Records:
Hobart and William Smith Colleges has embarked on many capital campaigns throughout its history. The campaigns are typically designed to raise money for the endowment, for scholarships, and for specific building and renovation projects. This record group contains materials from the 1984, 1994, and 2006 capital campaigns.
Elizabeth Blackwell is a 1849 graduate of the Geneva Medical College making her the first woman in the United States to obtain a medical degree. She spent much of her following career advocating for women's access to the field of medicine as well as women's medical care. This collection contains several pamphlets authored by Dr. Blackwell in addition to materials related to other members of the Blackwell family.
- Women in medicine 2
- Academic libraries -- Designs and plans 1
- Art -- Exhibitions 1
- Campus planning 1
- College buildings -- Design and construction 1
- College buildings -- Remodeling 1
- College publications 1
- Correspondence 1
- Dedication services 1
- Fund raising -- New York (State) -- Geneva. 1
- Fund raising -- Planning 1
- Medicine--United States--history 1
- Portrait sculpture 1
- Programs 1
- Speeches, addresses, etc. 1
- Universities and colleges -- New York (State) -- Geneva -- Finance 1
- Universities and colleges -- Records and correspondence 1 + ∧ less