Scrapbook collection, 1846-1986
Scope and Contents
This is an artificial collection which includes student scrapbooks, news clippings from World War I, and scrapbooks of HWS events, history, and organizations. Also included are scrapbooks by or for HWS presidents and their families and scrapbooks from various HWS class reunions. Many of the scrapbooks are in poor or delicate condition and can only be used with the assistance of the archivist.
65.36 Linear Feet (67 boxes)
Language of Materials
This collection contains scapbooks by individual students and scrapbooks by or for college presidents and their families. Also included are scrapbooks of news clippings, of college history, of college records, of college organizations, of class reunions and news clippings from World War I.
This collection is arranged in the following series:
- Student scrapbooks
- Reunion Scrapbooks
- Presidents and Faculty Scrapbooks
- College History and Organizations Scrapbooks
- Local and Regional History Scrapbooks
- World War I Scrapbooks
Boxes 1-26: Archives Office, Section 4
Boxes 27-61: Archives Office, Section 5
Boxes 62-65: Archives Office, Section 7
Box 66: Archives Storage, Range 22B, Section 1
- Addison, Helen W. (Helen Woodworth)
- Bartlett, Murray, 1871-1949
- Bigelow, Helen A.
- Bradley, Daniel S. (Daniel Stuart)
- Bullock, Marjory
- Campbell, Alexander
- Canterbury Club
- Children's theater Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Class reunions Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Conger, William P. (William Perez)
- Cutbush, Edward, 1772-1843
- Dance Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Durfee, Walter H. (Walter Hetherington)
- Eddy, Frances B. (Frances Belle)
- Hobart College Athletic Council
- Hobart and William Smith Colleges
- Hobart and William Smith Colleges -- History
- Hobart and William Smith Colleges -- Presidents
- Hobart and William Smith Colleges -- Students
- Johnston, Russell M. (Russell M'Caw)
- Jones, Howard, 1853-1945
- Mundy, Gideon Marchant
- North, Marion de Mauriac
- Palmer, Howard Van Rensselaer, Sr.
- Potter, Eliphalet Nott, 1836-1901
- Powell, Lyman P. (Lyman Pierson)
- Robbins, Albert W. (Albert Whittlesee)
- Robie, Reuben Edward, 1843-
- Schafer, Harold A.
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Smith, Caroline R. (Caroline Ruth)
- Smith, Harriett J.
- Stevens, Thomas J. (Thomas Jefferson)
- Taylor, Doris Hines
- Universities and colleges -- Records and correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Walker, Blanchard Bartlett, 1907-1997
- Winn, Marcia H.
- World War, 1914-1918 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Scrapbook collection, 1846-1986: A Finding Aid
- Linda Clark Benedict; Tricia McEldowney, Archivist
- July 2018
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- June 2018: This collection had been previously processed by Linda Clark Benedict. It was reprocessed in the summer of 2018 with a focus on reboxing materials into flat boxes to better fit and preserve the scrapbooks.