Geraldine Oyen Steindler papers, 1941-1965
Scope and Contents
Collection of Geraldine Oyen Steindler WS '45 papers from 1941-1949. The collection is contained in one box, including nine items. These items include two photo albums, a scrapbook, two copies of Stage Whispers, an article from The Herald, two articles from The Geneva Times, and an article on the publishing of Geraldine's cookbook.
- Steindler, Geraldine (Person)
Geraldine Oyen Steindler was a member of the William Smith class of 1945. As an undergraduate, Geraldine studied English and modern languages and was president of the William Smith Christian Cabinet. She graduated summa cum laude, and was elected to Phi Beta Kappa, Phi Sigma Iota, and Delta Phi Alpha. After graduation she worked for the New York Telephone Company, and married R. A. Steindler, Hobart class of 1949. During their marriage she developed an interest in target shooting, and in 1965 published her book "The Game Cookbook". She was also a regular contributor to "Camping Journal" and a consultant to the Pillsbury Company. She died on August 23, 1985.
0.3 Linear Feet ([1 box])
Language of Materials
Collection of papers belonging to or regarding Geraldine Oyen Steindler WS '45. One box containing nine items, including two photograph albums, a scrapbook, two copies of "Stage Whispers", an article from The Herald, two articles from The Geneva Times, and an article on the publishing of Geraldine's book "The Game Cookbook".
Box 1: Archives Storage, Range 22A, Section 4
The provenance of this collection is unclear, because there are no known records documenting its donation to the Archives and Special Collections. However, it is believed that the papers were donated either by Geraldine Oyen Steindler herself or by her family.
- College students Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- College theater Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Geneva Times (Geneva, N.Y.)
- Hobart and William Smith Colleges
- Hobart and William Smith Colleges -- Students
- Hobart and William Smith Colleges. Herald
- Hobart and William Smith Colleges. Little Theatre
- Little theater movement Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photograph albums Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photographs Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- William Smith College -- Students
- Zilahy, Lajos, 1891-1974
- Geraldine Oyen Steindler papers, 1941-1965: A Finding Aid
- Lissa Mele WS '13 with the Archivist Katie Lamontagne
- February 2012
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script