Daisy Weeks Buchholz family papers, 1834-2010
Collection — Box: 1-16
Scope and Contents
This collection contains the family papers of Daisy Weeks Buchholz, a member of the 1912 charter class of William Smith College. The materials cover her time at William Smith College, her marriage to Arthur Buchholz, a member of the Hobart class of 1909, and their subsequent life and family. Items include diaries, notebooks, correspondence, and a large number of photographs. There is also a large collection of genealogical materials assembled by Daisy and Arthur's daughter, Priscilla Frisbee.
- Buchholz, Daisy Weeks (Person)
Daisy Mae Weeks Buchholz was a member of the charter class of William Smith College (1912). She was born on September 13, 1888 in Belvue, Kansas and died on April 18, 1987 in Valatie, New York. Daisy attended high school in Marcellus, NY. While at William Smith, she majored in Biology and met her husband Arthur B. Buchholz, a member of the Hobart class of 1909. Daisy and Arthur's marriage in 1914 was the first of its kind between Hobart and William Smith students. Their granddaughter, Margaret Frisbee '64, was the first granddaughter of a William Smith alumna to matriculate. In 1987, only a few weeks after her passing, Hobart and William Smith Colleges awarded Daisy an honorary degree, and in 1990, the Daisy Weeks Buchholz Ring Award was created to honor a William Smith junior considered a good leader and citizen.
9 Linear Feet ([16 boxes])
The collection is arranged in the following series:
- Daisy Weeks materials
- Arthur Buchholz materials
- Daisy and Arthur Buchholz family materials
- Daisy and Arthur Buchholz correspondence
- Priscilla Frisbee genealogy materials
Box 1-14: Archives Storage, Range 21B, Section 1
Daisy Weeks Buchholz's granddaughter Margaret Frisbee Sommer donated the items to Archives and Special Collections on August 9, 2017.
"This collection is donated in memory of Priscilla Buchholz Frisbee, who maintained and added to the collection after Daisy's death, by her children- Margaret Frisbee Sommer, Peter Frisbee, Ann Frisbee Stefka, and Connie Frisbee Houde."
- College students Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- College students -- Religious life Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Dormitory life Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Family records Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Notebooks Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Reunions Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Weeks, David Henry, 1876-1974
- William Smith College
- William Smith College. Charter class
- Women's studies Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Daisy Weeks Buchholz papers, 1876-2006: A Finding Aid
- Brandon Moblo
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard