Alumni and alumnae information files, 1826-1930
Scope and Contents
This collection contains informational student files created by the Hobart and William Smith Colleges Alumni and Alumnae Relations office. The files in this collection cover Geneva College, Hobart College, and William Smith College students who graduated between 1826 and 1930. Materials include newspaper clippings, articles, correspondence, information sheets, photographs, and some publications.
There are also a couple files on faculty and staff.
- Creation: 1826-1930
18 Linear Feet ([18 boxes])
Language of Materials
The files in this collection are separated into three groups: Hobart College alumni files, William Smith College alumnae files, and faculty and staff files. Within the alumni/ae groups the files are arranged chronologically by year of graduation, and then alphabetically by last name within each year.
The alumni and alumnae files collection was transferred to the Archives and Special Collections by the Director of Advancement Services in the summer of 2012. Accruals have been added at various times since the initial donation.
- Geneva College (N.Y.) -- Students (Organization)
- Hobart and William Smith Colleges -- Students (Organization)
- Hobart and William Smith Colleges -- Alumni and alumnae (Organization)
- Alumni and alumnae information files, 1826-1930: A Finding Aid
- Courtney Holt WS '15
- March 2013
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script