Demarest Memorial Library cornerstone materials, 1879-1894
Scope and Contents
This small collection includes a Bible, prayer book, hymnal, course catalogues, a yearbook, city directory, glass plate, photographs, and other items dating from 1879-1894. They were placed in the cornerstone of Demarest Memorial Library during the construction of the 1894 addition. They were removed during construction of the 1961 addition.
- Hobart College (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
There are no restrictions on accessing material in this collection.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright restrictions may apply. Unpublished manuscripts are protected by copyright. Permission to publish, quote, or reproduce must be secured from the repository and the copyright holder.
The materials in this collection were originally placed in the cornerstone of the Demarest Memorial Library addition of 1894-95 when the addition was begun in 1894. This addition encompased the north part of the library. The original building, constructed in 1885, included just the south portion with the reading room and stained glass windows. The materials were removed from the cornerstone in 1961 when St. Mark's Tower was built, joining the north portion of the Demarest Memorial Library to St. John's Chapel.
0.5 Linear Feet (1 box)
The materials in this collection were placed in the cornerstone of the Demarest Memorial Library in 1894. They were recovered in 1961 and donated to the archives.
This collection is not arranged in series.
Box 1: Archives Storage / Range 22A / Section 1
These materials were given to the library in 1961 when they were removed from the cornerstone during the construction of St. Mark's Tower.
- Demarest Memorial Library cornerstone materials: A Finding Aid
- Martha Clark
- September 2014
- Description rules